Kirschner Contractors is growing and looking for a construction leader to help us do just that. If you have extensive construction scheduling experience, incredible communication skills, exceptional customer service abilities, and are detail-oriented, we want to talk with you.
Starting salary $100K+ (DOE)
Annual bonuses and performance-based incentives
Attractive relocation package
Benefits package (health insurance, retirement)
Postitions are available in both Colorado and Hawai'i.
About Kirschner Contractors
The Kirschner Contractors team brings decades of actual “hands-on” construction and management experience, having successfully completed hundreds of projects totaling billions of dollars. This includes commercial, industrial, and heavy/civil projects on private, government, and federal contracts across the globe.
Our company promotes “best practices” and utilizes the latest software applications in the execution of our projects. We work with owners, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, and engineers. We pride ourselves on attention to detail, professional care, and a timely work product in providing our services.
As a Woman-Owned Small Business, our commitment to not only meet but to surpass the expectations of our clients.
The Senior Scheduler holds the responsibility and authority for coordination and direction of assigned projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget while meeting our defined quality standards – exceeding each client’s expectations.
Success in this position is defined by directly applying your technical skills and knowledge to monitor project progress and perform cost analysis while developing and maintaining project schedules. This work will include providing the project team with data and reports to support project planning and execution on a wide range of construction projects.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience (at least 10+ years) in the construction industry, display a strong work ethic, have a commitment to excellence, enjoy learning new skills, and desire to work in a leadership role within a collaborative team in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Ten years minimum field experience on $20M+ projects
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction management, business or equivalent preferred, or 15+ years of commensurate experience
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Proficient and a strong comfort level in MS Excel, with working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and report writing methods
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, while being able to adapt to change
- Proven ability to interact and multitask with project team members and clients
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members according to their skillsets, experience, and abilities
- Able to gain trust and connect with others, encourage collaboration, is cooperative, seen as a leader
- Able to effectively and proactively communicate in a variety of settings and styles; can learn new skills, knowledge, and technical abilities quickly
- Works hard to meet challenges and deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality
- Creative and innovative in planning and troubleshooting; able to focus on small details in addition to the overall picture
- Ability to travel as needed
- Serve as the primary client/project point of contact to establish and maintain effective communication processes and a positive working relationship with clients
- Interact with engineering and construction personnel to understand and communicate issues and conflicts that impact the schedule
- Assess actual progress versus planned progress to determine trends
- Analyze trends and develop options for corrective action, including performing an analysis upon various alternatives and presenting recommendations to project and program management
- Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work as required
- Participate in the development and improvement of project controls systems
- Conduct site visits to verify progress and identify any potential and critical issues
- Implement project controls tools and methodology
- Develop and maintain detailed cost control systems
- Participate in constructability and risk analysis
- Provide specialized scheduling services such as what-if scenarios, evaluating time impact analysis, and supporting contracting and change management teams
- Conduct “delay fragnet” analyses in claim assessments and negotiations
- Produce weekly and monthly reports that provide details on progress, actuals, forecast, and explanation of variances
- Generate reports and analyze data in order to support project monitoring and decision making
- Communicate schedule status on a regular basis via formal and informal meetings and reports
- Analyze CPM schedules and recommend work-arounds and schedule improvement ideas
- Utilize scheduling tools to develop and maintain Baseline Schedules, coordinating input from all stakeholders
- Perform Forensic Schedule Delay Analysis
- Provide management with timely, informed, and up-to-date project schedule information including trends and forecasts progress, schedule and planning input to the weekly, biweekly, and monthly project reports
- Identify and communicate opportunities/alternatives to schedule in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Communicate schedule deviations and projected impacts to project/program teams and assist in the preparation of Change Notices/Management of Change documents, as required
Kirschner Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please include all resumes and letters of interest when applying.