Kirschner Contractors is currently looking for a qualified construction Project Engineer / Project Controls Specialist to join our team.
This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your technical skills to meet project team and client needs for monitoring project performance, performing cost analysis while developing and maintaining project schedules. This work will include providing the project team with data and reports to support project planning and execution on a wide range of construction projects.
The ideal candidate would have construction experience, display a strong work ethic, have a commitment to excellence, enjoy learning new skills, and desire to work within a collaborative team.
Starting salary $80K
Annual bonuses and performance-based incentives
Benefits package (health insurance, retirement)
Positions are available in both Colorado and Hawai'i.
ABOUT KIRSCHNER CONTRACTORS
The Kirschner Contractors team brings decades of actual “hands-on” construction and management experience, having successfully completed hundreds of projects totaling billions of dollars. This includes commercial, industrial, and heavy/civil projects on private, government, and federal contracts across the globe.
Our company promotes “best practices” and utilizes the latest software applications in the execution of our projects. We work with owners, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, and engineers. We pride ourselves on attention to detail, professional care, and a timely work product in providing our services.
As a Woman-Owned Small Business, our commitment to not only meet but to surpass the expectations of our clients.
Using a variety of industry software tools, and under the direction of the project lead, you will perform the following tasks:
- Implement project controls tools and methodology
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules
- Develop and maintain detailed cost control systems
- Analyze data and build reports to support project monitoring and decision making
- Produce weekly and monthly reports that provide details on progress, actuals, forecast, and explanation of variances
- Assemble supporting documentation to meet the project team and the client's requests/needs
- Conduct site visits to verify progress and identify any potential and critical issues
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
Essential skills and experience:
- Five years minimum field experience required with a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools, with emphasis on the advanced use of MS Excel and/or MS Access in creating detailed, interactive spreadsheets, workbooks, and databases
- Understanding of the practical application of project controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to interact and multitask with project team members and clients of varying position levels
- Able to gain trust and connect with others, encourage collaboration, is cooperative, seen as a leader
- Able to effectively and proactively communicate in a variety of settings and styles; can learn new skills, knowledge and technical abilities quickly
- Works hard to meet challenges and deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality
- Creative and innovative in planning and troubleshooting; able to focus on small details in addition to the overall picture
Kirschner Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please include all resumes and letters of interest when applying.